Health and safety
In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by the following statement of policy in respect of Health and Safety. It is the aim of Century Office Equipment, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that:
- The working environment of all employees is safe and without risk to health and safety and that adequate provisions are made with regards to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- The provisions and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risk to health.
- The persons who are not in our employ, who may be affected by our activities, are not exposed to risk to their health.Information, instruction, training and supervision is provided as necessary to secure the health and safety of all employees.
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances used at work are safe and without risk to health or safety.
- Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work, detailing the considerations and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used, they present no risk to health or safety.
- There is suitable provision for the safe access and egress to and from all working areas.
The Company has direct concern for this policy and affords health and safety matters equal priority to other management functions within the Company. Company employees are reminded of the legal requirements to ensure the Company’s health and safety policy is observed. In particular, they are required:
- To take reasonable care for their own health and safety at work and those who may be affected by their actions, or by their neglect.
- To co-operate with their employer to ensure that any duty or requirement for health and safety imposed upon their employer by Law is performed or complied with.
- Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety or welfare.